
This morning, we left Whitehorse and drove up to Carmacks, where the racers had a mandatory seven-hour stop at a campsite by the river. On the way up, we bought cinnamon rolls as big as our heads.

At Carmacks, all the support crews were setting up tents and getting food ready for their teams.

When Synthia and Louise came in, they were beyond exhausted. During more than 24 hours of paddling, they had suffered aches and pains, sleep deprivation and hallucinations, and a near capsize. But they were uninjured and looked much better than I had expected.

They changed into dry clothes, ate some hot food, and went into the tent to get as much sleep as possible before they have to leave again.
6 comments:
You get wireless internet here???And we're having trouble getting it just from the study to the basement! How's that work?
Happy Birthday Ebee! I'm glad you're enjoying your Grand Tour,
I'm cheering for the Dangerous Turtles and their support people.
GO TURTLES!
Hurray for Ebee!
Hallucinations? So, their vision quest has been successful. Good luck, everybody!
24 HOURS!!! oh my gosh - no wonder they were hallucinating!!!!
Yeah - I am curious about the whole internet thing too! Happy Birthday!!
-Jennifer
All the campsites here are advertising wireless access. But most of the hotels don't have it! This is a strange land.
Post a Comment