
David and I braved the sand gnats this weekend ...

... to return to the black waters of Wakulla Springs.

It was a great day for birding. We saw herons of all shapes and sizes, like this Little Blue Heron ...

... but we were even more excited to see a Prothonotary Warbler, a brilliant flash of gold in the low branches.

The Black-Crowned Night Herons were getting ready to nest.

The Green Herons were busy hunting for food.

Below the waters of Wakulla Springs, hundreds of blue-gray mullet swam in formation. I can't wait to go back when the water is clear enough for the glass-bottomed boat tour.
2 comments:
wow! - the bird photos just get better and better with each return to Wakulla Springs. I think you should continue going every weekend from now on :) I definitely want to go back when the water is clear too!
-Jennifer
Poor David! I'm glad the insects didn't keep you from taking such incredible pictures.
Post a Comment