Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Beet Debate

Some people are not fans of beets, and I used to be among them, until I recently discovered my love for beets. I really only like them in this form: small, fresh from the Grower's Market, and with the tops on. The beet tops are the best part. Last night I roasted these beets with garlic and basil, pan-fried the tops, and made them into an egg-white frittata with feta. It was very, very good, although probably not for beet-haters. The whole time I was cooking, I had this song stuck in my head. Even if you don't like beets, you have to love the song. (Plus, it's not really about the same vegetable.)

Readers, do you like beets? Please vote on this important issue!
How do you feel about beets?
I love beets. Mmm, beety goodness.
My love for beets is fickle: sometimes I like them, sometimes not.
I march to the beet of a different drummer.
I can take them or leave them.
Ugh, I do not like beets.
Beets are the root vegetables of all evil.
pollcode.com free polls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beets are the one vegetable that I will not eat under any circumstances - blechhhhhh!! You'll have to make me that frittata sometime to help change my opinion. :)

-Jennifer