Friday, July 05, 2013

Bloomington Birthday

On my 39th birthday, David and I went to the IU art museum and had a fun day looking at art from Europe, the U.S., Africa, and Polynesia.

We visited the art museum gift shop and cafe, where I used to hold office hours when I was a grad student. David bought me a birthday present.

It was this amazing necklace with the head of Achelous, the Greek river god.

 Later I got to spend some time with Granddad.

 And even later, we had dinner with Will, Brenda, Mimi, and Mimi's friend Susan.

Mom made a dairy-free birthday cake for me: a delicious almond cake iced with whipped coconut cream.

And filled with fresh peaches.

 There were many flavors of ice cream, two of them coconut-milk ice cream.

And then I got to play music with my family, which is one of my favorite things ever.

No comments: