
So far Tallahassee has been lucky. There have been devastating tropical storms and hurricanes along the Gulf Coast, but all we've seen is a little rain. But this weekend there were rumors of a gas shortage caused by Hurricane Ike, and everyone in Tallahassee went insane and started buying up all the gas in town.

David and I kept driving by the gas stations, completely unaware of what was going on. "I've never seen blank signs like that," David said. "Maybe they're all changing their prices at the same time?" I suggested.

But then we had to fill up the car, and we found some gas stations with long lines at the pump, and others with no gas at all.

... and at some places, these prices!

We've been told that there is no real gas shortage, and the prices have gone back down. But the whole thing just reminds me that I meant to start riding the bus more anyway.
1 comment:
Wow. I always said I wouldn't complain about high gas prices because I remember in the 70's when there was no gas to be had at any price. Good thing I don't live in Florida, or I would have to relive my fears. Now, where are my walking shoes?
Post a Comment