Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Man vs. Frog

So yesterday David was in the kitchen refilling the watering can, and I was organizing books, and we were having a nice, quiet afternoon. Then suddenly there was a bloodcurdling scream from the kitchen.

A terrifying thing had happened: one of the leaves stuck to the side of the watering can jumped off and attacked David. Except that it turned out not to be a leaf, but instead a very small, very sticky frog. A tree frog. Excitement ensued as David chased the frog all over the house. Helpfully, I ran for my camera.

In the end, David cornered the tree frog on the leg of a folding table, which he carried outside, freeing the frog. Then he went back to watering the plants. I went back to sorting the books. And the tree frog resumed its impersonation of a leaf.

2 comments:

The Chocolate Priestess said...

Oh, my goodness, that made me laugh so hard!

TammyJo

HoosierKitty said...

Why do frogs and lizards attack David? Was he a predator in a previous lifetime?