Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Beautiful Bloomington

I love visiting my hometown.

I like to walk around downtown, where I used to live. My old apartment looked out on an alley near this one.

 I like to go to the Farmers' Market, admire the incredible produce -- those are some gigantic heads of kale! -- and meet everyone else I know in town.

 Walking the B-Line Trail is also really fun.

It's filled with all kinds of art, both official ...

 ... and unofficial.

It was so cool to see Lake Griffy with water in it again! It was drained for a while, and last summer this was a grassy marsh.

 This summer, Mom and I took a rowboat out on the lake.

Turtles and frogs were back, but the lake was so new that it still had little trees in it. They were mostly underwater, but still putting out green leaves.

We rowed close to shore and looked for birds and other wildlife.

 It rained a little, and then the sun came out.

 We saw the wonderful mosses that line the shores of the lakes.

And the reflection of the light on the water under the bridge.

No comments: