Friday, August 12, 2011

Good Deals

This week we found a lot of ways to have fun on a budget, like hanging out at the Black Dog Cafe with a library book and a cup of coffee.


You can also play Scrabble at the Black Dog.


A walk around Lake Ella at sunset.


In the dusk, we saw the silhouette of this tiny bird, who was stalking prey on the shoreline. It was a least bittern. Maybe it was one of the little birds I saw last year.


Another thing we did this week was discover some unused Borders gift cards and rush off to the store for one last shopping spree.


And then we went to a movie at the two-dollar theater (Bridesmaids, and it was hilarious).


I also saved money this week by making my own light box, which I'm going to use to take pictures for my Etsy stores.


I haven't gotten the lighting exactly right yet, but here is a sample picture.

No comments: