Saturday, July 02, 2011

You Can't Go Home Again


Well, actually, it's more like you can't pull into the same driveway twice. Things change, is what I mean. David and I were gone for over a month, and when we got back, this tree in our front yard was gone.

And that's not all.


We have a new sidewalk, our mailbox has been moved, and our neighbors' live oak has been trimmed down to half its size.



That's a big deal because the tree used to shade our entire front yard, as you can see in this old picture.


The branch that they trimmed from the oak tree was bigger than some of our existing trees.

4 comments:

Jacquelyn Nasca, MS said...

Joe would have tears in his eyes right about now....

Cerise said...

Bummer. I guess you can plant some sun-loving flowers now, to console yourself.

Ursula Krentz said...

what are those weird things hanging from the branches in the first picture?

elizabeth said...

Those are red speckled leaves on our dogwood tree -- one of our few signs of fall! The other trees in the picture stay green all year.