
Last weekend we went to Maclay Gardens. Some of you have been there before. The rest of you need to come to Florida immediately so I can take you there.

It was the first time David had ever been to the gardens, and he took a few pictures of the flowers. Actually, he took
three hundred pictures of the flowers. They are all amazing. But I will restrain myself and not post them all.

The beauty of Maclay Gardens is that it doesn't really seem like a garden. It's more like an idyllic woodland that happens to have grassy paths and plants in bloom.

There are trees everywhere. Towering pine trees that make you dizzy to look up at them ...

... and ancient live oaks, perfect for photo backdrops.

Also, did I mention that there were flowers? The azaleas were just coming into the peak of their bloom.

The camellias were just leaving their peak.

We wandered through the garden looking for the perfect flowers to photograph. Every camellia tree or azalea bush had a slightly different type of blossom.

I did not break the rules. This camellia in my hand had fallen off the tree, I swear! Okay, I did break the rules slightly by leaving the path and walking up into the woods. David and I got lost and ended up in a place with a "Do Not Enter -- Staff Only" sign in every direction. And later, I found that I had walked through some poison ivy. Still, the gardens were totally worth it.
3 comments:
lovely, and fun dress!
P.S. Can I please have either a David-photographed or an Ebee-beaded flower for every single holiday (that we get around to) for the rest of my days?
Wow-- this place looks amazing! I want to go!
Post a Comment